Monday, November 3, 2008

Missing my Mom...

I'm not going to lie. I've been missing my mom a lot lately. Not really had any tears over it or anything. I just miss her. And it's not really the big stuff that makes me miss her, it's little things...like how Kendall tried to put her paci in my mouth today, then proceeded to try and put it in her baby doll's mouth. Or like wishing my mom could hear Kendall say "Uh-Oh" because it's the sweetest thing in the whole world. Anyway, I'm just missing her.

One thing that is really neat is how other people have stepped in to fill the void that was left when my mom died. Like my cousin Laura making Kendall hair bows. Or Kendall's "Nana Ann" sending packages and calling to check on us. And Mrs. Carol sending smocked dresses. It's not the "stuff" these people send, it's the thoughtfulness behind it. Mom can never be replaced, but these sentiments make it a whole lot easier.

I may have said on here before about how since my mom died, I think about Heaven a lot more than I ever did before, and sometimes long for it in a way I can't describe. The thought occurred to me last night, while sitting in church, that as glorious and wonderful as the reunion in Heaven with my mom will be, the reunion with Jesus will be so much better! It was almost overwhelming trying to picture it, but isn't that an amazing thought?

6 comments:

Kara said...

This is kind of random, but being a music teacher I do have some chimes in my room. I thought it was so neat one day when one of the 6 year old kids said "That instrument sounds like Heaven."
:)

BarbaraInMemphis said...

I sure miss your Mom, too. I come here everyday looking for more of your memories & to see her beautiful face smiling so sweetly with your Dad. Our support group meets this Thursday night. Please remind him for me.

Jesse and Laura Pounders said...

I miss her too! I thought about Kendall's birthday the other day & wondered what your mom would have sent as a gift. She always came up with great & creative gifts for Tatumn. She was so sweet & thoughtful.

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

I wish you didn't have to miss her!
I do like reading your Mom updates though.

kyleigh said...

We went to Branson with mom and dad this weekend, and mom and dad were thinking and talking about trips that they used to take there together. Mom talked about how Mr. Roger and Dad would just sit on the bench and talk about people (how horrible!) and our moms would find all the good bargains... Very good memories!

C.S. Moore said...

Leigh, it was good to see you here in Marianna during the holidays.

I just decided tonight to check this sight again. I too think of heaven a lot especially when someone in my family dies. I love earthly family reunion, so I know I'm going to just faint at my heavenly family reunion.

I know no one wants to hear that time heals, but it really, really does. I really do believe God allows that to happen. I think of David after his son dies. David pretty much "dusted himself off" and started all over again because he knew he'd see his son again.

Sue