Friday, August 8, 2008

Janice Blackwood Henderson: October 20, 1954 - August 8, 2008

Posted by Evan Smith (Leah's husband):

Leah's dad called us about an hour ago to let Leah know that her mom passed away tonight.

Leah may have mentioned this in her earlier post, but apparently Janice had not been feeling well most of the day and this evening she passed out in their hotel room. She came to and didn't even realize that she had passed out, but her vitals were really low so Roger called 911 and they went to the hospital. She died either on the way to the hospital or shortly after arriving.

We praise God for the fact that Janice is in His presence tonight enjoying a perfectly healed body and taking deep breaths of Heaven's fresh air. But while we rejoice for Janice, we're also sad because she leaves behind a lot of family and friends who are all really going to miss having her here with us.

Roger is still in Yuma and will be for at least a couple of days while the autopsy is performed. He has a family member coming out to help him with the drive home which will take a couple of days. At this point, we don't know anything as far as arrangements, but we will be sure to post information as we get it.

3 comments:

BarbaraInMemphis said...

Oh, Leah, I'm so very sorry for your loss as well as for those of us she leaves behind. You & yours will be in my thoughts & prayers.
Barbara Thompson
PH Support Group Leader

C.S. Moore said...

Well, I was in Little Rock all today (Saturday) and when I got home, there was a message from our church about Janice's death. I was so totally shocked. I am so very, very sad even though I know where Janice is tonight. I know we aren't suppose to question God, but I have so many "why's." Why God do you need all the talented ones up there? I lost a brother in 2001 who was so talented and was serving the Lord. We lost Gary Glover who was so talented and serving the Lord. So, if I have some why's, I think God will understand. I know I'll have all my answers one day when I get to where they are, but for now, I'll trust the Lord knowing He's doing what serves the whole and not the part.

To Roger and family, please know that you are special people. Janice was special; that you are loved at FBC. Please, please just let any of us know whatever we can do to help you in anyway. Don't take our joy away by not letting us know.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sue Moore

Unknown said...

Roger, Leah, and Evan, I am so sorry to hear about Janice. Somehow, it seems hard that she left us when she was almost to San Diego!

I'll be thinking of you over the next days and weeks.

Carol Levy
PH Support Group member