Saturday, June 28, 2008

Conversations with my mom...

I talked to my mom on the phone this morning for a good bit. She sounds wonderful. I know she is just really glad to be home and in her own space. On Friday, she went to the beauty shop and had her hair washed (yes...like a little old lady!) and was even able to go over to the Hickman's house and sit out on their pool deck for a while. Sunshine is certainly good for the soul!

The blood thinner is a shot in the stomach. I thought it was another pill to take. So much that I know! Mom is trying to get those on an 8-8 schedule, so she doesn't have to get up really early to give herself a shot. I was actually surprised when I called today (around 9:00 Arkansas time)and she was sitting in the living room; I really thought she would be in the bed so she could keep her feet up more. She even went in and checked her own email AND this blog today! Go mom!!! She hasn't been on the computer since she broke her elbow Memorial Day weekend.

Sooo...the question I had for my mom today was, "What happens if you the blockage in your lungs shows up that it can be fixed with surgery? Does that mean the PH is fixed, too?" Her understanding (I didn't ask her if I could share this, so I really hope it's okay!) is that right now, it looks as though the PH is secondary to whatever is causing this blockage in her lungs. If they can figure out what is causing the blockage and if that can be fixed with surgery, that her PH would be no more.

Will you guys pray that is the case??? Wouldn't that be wonderful?!?!?!

On another note...we've had several people tell us that they've wanted to leave comments but couldn't figure out how/what to do, etc. Basically, all you have to do is click where it says comments, write what you want to write, then fill out all the other info. I am pretty sure you have to give your email address and you might even have to create a log-in name the first time, but that's it. Oh, it might ask you to retype some numbers and letters, too. I think that is just supposed to reduce the spam generated on the site. We don't really care if you are reading it and not leaving a comment...it's just fun to know sometimes. Also, when mom and dad were in Nashville, I printed off all the comments and faxed them to my dad so they both could read all the encouraging notes. They were moved to tears!!

9 comments:

Wendy said...

My prayers will continue for your Mom, it is good to she she is home and progressing so well. I will pray that the problem can be fixed with surgery and that she will PH free. What a wonderful blessing that would be.
May God keep your whole family in His loving care. Your Mom is really blessed to have such a wonderful daughter to make this website to keep all us PH'rs posted of her progress. It sure brings hope to all of us. I was one of those ones who read but couldn't figure out how to post. Thanks for putting it right there and making it so easy.
God Bless.
Wendy

C.S. Moore said...

I don't know why I'm having difficulty posting, but I'll try again.

Since I had not been on here in a day or so, I didn't know Janice was home until I found out at church today.

I told Roger and I will post here, let's earnestly pray, I mean really get serious with God about Janice being a candidate for the surgery and will not need the heart/lung transplant. I believe FAITH is the key. If there is any doubt that God can't do what He says He will do, then that isn't faith.

Janice, I am believing with you that you will be a candidate for the surgery. You have already had some mircles, and God can give you another. I am believing that you will one day be back in church, playing and singing for Him.

God is good.....praise the Lord.

And, Leah, thank you for the kind thank you. Janice and Roger are some of my favorite performers. I love to hear them sing. I'm so looking forward to that again someday. Oh, and I mean here on earth too. LOL

Love you

Sue

Matt said...

I'm reading up on her and keeping her in my thoughts!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to go home, Janice. We are all praying for you at our church in Farmington. I will pray specifically that the blockage can be resolved as Leah said and that you will just grow stronger every day. Isn't it good that we have a God who is ABLE to do exceedingly abundantly MORE than we ask? !

Sheila Smith

Ricky cuzin said...

Our prayers are with you Jan. Westside Baptist in Atlanta has you on their prayer list and they asked for an update last Wed. night at prayer meeting. Other friends in town are keeping you in their prayers.
Hope to see and visit with you soon
Rick

Adam Holly Grace said...

Still praying!

Your friend, Holly

B said...

I'm so glad she got to go home!!! Does she live in NWA?

Shannon Russell said...

Mrs. Janice,
We have been praying for you! It was great to see and hear Mr. Roger in church on Sunday. He loves you very much. This web page is a wonderful tool to keep us informed on what is going on. I will be checking it everyday. Ms. Sue is right; we need to pray BIG that you will not even need the transplant! God is powerful to do that.

Mom Parnell said...

Leah,
I know I met your mom at your wedding, but I did not get to know her except through you. And because you are such a special person, I know she was also. Your smile and loving heart are blessings to those of us who knew her through you.
Love and prayers to you all, Miss Linda