Saturday, June 21, 2008

Exciting!!!!

I checked my email just a few minutes ago, and I had an email FROM MY MOM!!!

She gave me a room number and a phone number for me to call her, so I IMMEDIATELY grabbed the phone!! Besides our 30 second conversation last Wednesday evening, today was the first time I've been able to talk to her in two weeks! I was excited to the point of tears!!!

She got moved into a regular room as of about 6:00 this morning. She said that yesterday was very exhausting; she went through a BUNCH of testing that she's never had to do before. She also said that she feels better than she has in a long time--she actually feels like getting up and walking around a bit and eating. She hasn't had an appetite in weeks. Talking on the phone does wear her out, so our phone conversation wasn't very long.

Some things of note:

**Dr. Robbins is the lead research doctor of PH. I thought he was the lead research transplant doctor. He is actually gone this weekend for the PH convention.

**They do want to switch her medicine from Remodulin to Flolan to see how it works first. The transplant is not off the table at this point, they just have to exhaust every other option first. Her body also has to be in tip-top shape in order to have the transplant.

**Mom's words to me were, "Leah, I just feel so strongly that God needed me to go through everything in the last two weeks to get me to this doctor." We talked about how thankful we are that Dr. Wright, Dr. Coker, Dr. Hundley, and Dr. Squires were proactive in their care for her. What a blessing.

**It looks as though Mom will still be at Vanderbilt for a while. She's totally okay with that because she knows she's in good hands and getting the best care.

**She has a laptop in her room, so I told her that when she feels like it, we'll set her up as an administrator on this web-site, so you guys can hear from her yourself!! YAY!!!

11 comments:

Ginger said...

ROGER, JANIS, KARA, & LEAH
WE WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU. GOD DOES HAVE A PURPOSE. EVENTHOUGH WE MAY NOT UNDERSTAND WHY, HE WILL MAKE THIS TRIAL A BLESSING.
LOVE, GINGER

BarbaraInMemphis said...

This is THE best news I've had in a long time! I've often wondered why they started you on Remodulin instead of Flolan but what do I know. Well, I know you're a very special person with a lot of living left to do. Don't forget about our support group meeting Thursday - :)) Give Roger a hug for us. (Who's going to adjust the fans for us at Logan's??)

B said...

awesome news!

Heather said...

Mrs. Janice! I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family right now! I love all of you and am here to help out in any way I can.

Kaci said...

Leah...praying for you & your family and your mom's health!! Love,
kaci costner bell

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm trying again to post here. I couldn't get in with what I'd used on Thursday. It maybe because I couldn't remember my password.

But, anyway, Janice I am excited about your good news. We are all praying for you at church. I say a prayer for you everytime during the day that I think of you, which is often.

God knows what He is doing, doesn't He? He is just so amazing sometimes, I just get beside myself when He does something I've prayed for. Isn't that crazy on my part.

So hang in there. We'll see you when you get back to Marianna!!!

Love Sue Moore

Denise said...

Janice we just wanted to let you know we are all praying for you here in Hughes.
Love Denise

Mom Parnell said...

Leah and family,
Our God is good! You have my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Just checking in to say "hi." Hope all is going well today.

Sue

amanda c said...

Leah,
I found your page on Stephanie Chism's page. I sent the link to my mom tonight. You all are in my prayers.

Love you all!
Amanda Castleman

PS....Kendall is a doll!! =)

Unknown said...

I know Janice has been attending the PHA support group meetings. You might want to include a link to www.phassociation.org under the medical info links. I'm glad she is feeling better. She will be missed at the PHA Support Group meeting in Memphis this Thursday.