Friday, June 20, 2008

Latest News

Dad just called again, and everything is going well.

Mom has been going through quite a bit of testing today, a lot of the same tests she had at Baptist, but of course, all hospitals want their own readings. Mom's new doctor's name is Ivan Robbins, and he is the leading research doctor at Vanderbilt. She really liked him a lot and feels as though she is in good hands. Right now, he wants to change her medicine from Remodulin to Flolan. Dr. Robbin's hasn't spoken of the transplant yet, but I don't think it's off the table. I think they just want to see what the Flolan will do first.

I think I said in my post last night that the Remodulin goes directly into her veins. After reading a little about the drugs, I learned that Remodulin goes from a catheter directly into the skin and Flolan goes into the vein. Another thing I want to note is that after reading about all the drugs used to treat PPH, besides Flolan, my mom has been on all of them. I'm pretty sure that even right now, Treclear and Revatio are part of her treatment. (I may have to be corrected on that, but I'm 99.9% sure that's accurate.)

Right now, she is in an ICU unit, but will be moved to a regular room on the Pulmonary floor sometime soon, since she is not considered critical at this time. (That's a huge praise!) Her oxygen level is lower-about 68-which is what it is when she is at home. Also, she isn't wearing the mask right now, just the tube through her nose-which is another huge praise! She still has some fluid, and they are working to get that off as well.

Keep the prayers coming!

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you in Alabama. My daughter, Holly Brown, her husband, Adam and new little baby girl, Grace are friends with Leah, Evan and Kendall. I have met them and I am so glad my children have them as their friends. We are praying for your entire family for strength and courage to get through this very difficult time in your life.