Monday, June 23, 2008

New Info

Here is the latest news on my mom...PLEASE keep the prayers coming!

Apparently, there are three kinds of PH. The only way to determine what kind of PH my mom has is to do a lung biopsy. Dr. Robbins said at this stage, a lung biopsy is too risky. After reviewing all the test results from Friday, Dr. Robbins decided that he isn't going to pursue changing her medicine to Flolan. From his observation, changing the medicine wouldn't make that much of a difference. The transplant IS the next step. A transplant nurse will come to talk to them soon.

Today mom was able to walk to the nurses station and back with the help of my dad...the furthest distance she she has walked in two weeks.

If you would like to send my mom a card, please send it to the following address:



Vanderbilt Hospital
1211 Medical Center Dr.
Nashville, TN 37232

Please put the following in the lower left-hand corner:


PT Janice Henderson
Room 7010


I know she would LOVE to hear from ANYONE! My dad wrote down everyone's name who has left a comment on this blog so he could go back and tell my mom. I'm probably going to Nashville this weekend, so I will print off any comments and take them so mom can read them. I know she will be so encouraged by your words!



1 comments:

Mary Beth Farrester said...

Leah, this is a great way for people to keep up with your mom and dad. Saw Mr. Marvin and Mrs. Annie (She is looking better each week) at Alcorn fish fry last night and he gave me the address. Just let Jan and Roger know that they along with yall are in my prayers and thoughts daily. Just leave it in the hands of God and He will bring each of us through our trials. Give them my love, along with you 2 girls. Keep up the good work on the blog, and remember, I am here for your mom if she needs me.
Love to all
Mary Beth Farrester